You'll find the UK's largest motorhome hire fleet, new & 'Mega'
bargain ex-rental luxury motorhomes right here!
Motorhome holidays offer the perfect way for you to get out and enjoy everything Britain has to offer. You can explore the countryside with your friends and family at your own pace, stopping off along the way to enjoy the sights.
At Motor Holme, we want to help you to enjoy the perfect motorhome holiday. That’s why we offer an unrivalled fleet of vehicles for hire and flexible rental periods. So whether you’re looking to enjoy a few days of peace and quiet in the Lake District, or you want to spend a couple of weeks exploring Wales, you’ll be able to find a suitable motorhome in your area. But what else do you need?
We ask all customers to inform us where they are looking to travel to as part of the application process, but there are many reasons why you should consider your destination and plotting a route first. As well as ensuring that you don’t miss anything on your way around, it’s important to book a pitch for the evening and also let members of your family know where you’re travelling. You want to ensure that there is some flexibility, allowing you to explore your surroundings and take a few detours – planned or otherwise.
Some routes will be busier and less accessible than others. If you want to avoid getting jammed up on a single track country lane, or spending half of your motorhome holiday in a traffic jam, then you’d be well advised to plan ahead and by-pass any potential issues.
Travelling around in a motorhome is generally a very safe way of seeing more of the world. After all, you have the opportunity to take far more provisions and even specialist safety equipment if any issues should arise. However, it is always worth checking that you have extra blankets, first aid kits and that all dangerous objects – including gas canisters – are properly secured.
It is also extremely important that you are confident with the vehicle, its size and how it handles. If you’ve never driven a campervan in the past or have only travelled in smaller models previously, you should take a little time to adjust to it first. So before you head off on your holiday, practice manoeuvres and build up your confidence. Even the most experienced drivers can have issues when using a new vehicle for the first time.
Here’s a quick checklist of things to remember for your motorhome holiday:
- Carry out vehicle checks – as with any car or van, it’s important to ensure that you have checked fluids, brake lights and oil levels before setting off.
- Breakdown pack – if you should break down during your travels, you will need to set out cones to warn other motorists and also have high visibility clothing to protect yourself while waiting for assistance.
- Book ahead – some sites can be very busy, especially during peak season, so it’s always worth contacting them in advance to reserve a pitch.
- Create a basic itinerary – this can be as fluid as you like, but it’s always worth having an idea of where you’re heading and when.
- Only take what you need – while it may seem like a good idea to pile your campervan up with every home comfort for your holiday, it can soon become more hassle than it’s worth; it may even be dangerous if the extra weight is excessive or anything becomes dislodged while traveling.
The most important thing to remember when planning your motorhome holiday is to have a great time. For a few short weeks you have the country at your mercy, so get out there and enjoy it. Whatever the time of year and wherever you’re headed, make sure it’s an experience to remember. Get in touch with Motorholme for Motorhome Hire UK.
You can also see what Europe has to offer with these articles on motorhome holidays in Europe, please click on a link below:
If you found this interesting you may like to read one of the site's popular pages linked to below
Or click this link for more Motorhome Advice.
- The widest choice of motorhome rentals
- Conveniently located near you
- Flexible hire - including weekends & long term
- Professional, friendly advice and support
- Get more, for less, with MotorHolme.com!
Visiting The UK
For more information on what to do and where to go, check out some of the links below:
Where do you want to go today?
Come on, let's camp!